Silk Non-Absorbable Sutures
Silk Non-Absorbable Sutures are braided, black dyed, coated surgical sutures. The black silk suture material is coated with wax or silicone which helps to reduce tissue friction and capillarity. The silk is processed in a way that ensures ease of knotting with a high degree of knot security.
Silk Non-Absorbable Sutures Specifications
- Type: Non Absorbable Surgical Suture
- Material: Natural, braided, silk filament, available in wax or silicone to ensure smooth pass through
- Colour of thread: Black
- Sizes: USP 6/0 to USP 2
- Tensile strength retention: Gradual degradation of fibre result in gradual tensile strength loss over period of time
- Common application: Anchoring / Ligation
- Contraindication: Should not be used in patients known for allergies to silk
Pack Size: Box of 12
Established in 2002, Vigilenz are a Malaysian medical and surgical product manufacturer specialising in surgical sutures. Vigilenz export their products to over 26 countries and pride themselves on offering unsurpassed quality products made possible via a modern ISO class 8 production facility in Penang, Malaysia.
With an excellent quality system ISO 13485:2012 in place complemented by highly trained and motivated personnel, Vigilenz is the first Malaysian design and development company to attain Class III CE marked products.
Marne Medical are proud to be the exclusive Australian distributors of Vigilenz Surgical Sutures and are excited to introduce such high quality and cost effective sutures to the Australian market, providing a broader product range to our healthcare professionals. TGA approval is currently being sought by Marne Medical for a number of additional Vigilenz products so stay tuned for more product updates in the future.
To find out more about Vigilenz visit www.vigilenzmd.com