Acticoat (with Nanocrystalline Silver) dressing is an effective antimicrobial barrier dressing. The nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes. Acticoat dressing consists of three layers: an absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net. Nanocrystalline silver protects the wound site from bacterial contamination while the inner core helps maintain the moist environment optimal for wound healing.
- Nanocrystalline Silver Antimicrobial barrier
- Fast acting
- Long lasting
- Effective barrier to over 150 pathogens
- Helps prevent infection
- Reduces risk of colonization
- Effective barrier to bacterial penetration
- Helps maintain a moist wound environment
- Easy to use
- Low adherent
- Provides unique protection for the wound site.
- Fast acting – Laboratory testing shows Acticoat rapidly kills bacteria in as little as 30 minutes – faster than other forms of silver
- Long lasting anti-microbial barrier, which remains effective a minimum of 3 days.
- (In-Vitro data shows) Acticoat is an effective barrier to over 150 pathogens which includes a broad spectrum of gram positive and gram negative bacteria and fungal wound pathogens. Acticoat is an effective barrier to antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as Antibiotic-resistant Pseudomonas, Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
- Helps prevent infection of wounds that are susceptible to infection in turn facilitating wound healing
- Reduces the risk of colonisation. Colonisation can lead to infection, which slows down the wound healing process. This means greater patient comfort and can lead to shorter hospital stays and lower patient cost.
- Provides an effective bacterial barrier to protect the wound site.
- In the presence of exudate, Acticoat helps maintain a moist wound environment, optimal for fast healing.
- Easier and less painful to remove than SSD (silver sulphadiazine) preparations making it a dressing of choice for both the patient and carer
- Dressing changes are less traumatic than traditional methods, for both the patient and carer
- Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver.
- Do not use on patients undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination.
- For external use only
- Acticoat is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum.
- Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG.
- Acticoat may cause transient discolouration of the surrounding skin.
- Avoid exposure to temperatures above 50 degrees Celsius.
- Protect from light
- Do not use if product colour is not uniform.
Effective Up to 3 days
An effective antimicrobial barrier dressing
The nanocrystalline coating of silver rapidly kills a broad spectrum of bacteria in as little as 30 minutes
An absorbent inner core sandwiched between outer layers of silver coated, low adherent polyethylene net
In the presence of exudate, Acticoat helps maintain a moist wound environment, optimal for fast healing
Easy to use and low adherent
Pack Size: PC-66000808 (Box 5), PC-66000789 (Box 5), PC-66000792 (Box 12)