3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is an alcohol-free moisture barrier film. It contains unique ingredients called polymers that form a waterproof, protective coating on the skin. It is breathable and transparent allowing for continuous visualisation and monitoring of skin. It is flexible and conforms to the skin during movement or position changes.
The products’ unique 3M formulation contains a blend of not one but two polymers, including a Terpolymer and a Homopolymer (plasticiser). The Terpolymer is derived from three distinct monomers, that provides a protective coating on the skin, creating a highly effective barrier. The Homopolymer enhances the films ability to flex with the skin and helps to maintain a continuous, protective coating. Other barrier films contain only one polymer and some utilise alcohol as a solvent.
Protects damaged or intact skin from:
- body fluids
- adhesive trauma
- Completely alcohol-free formula will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin
- Clinically proven to provide up to 72 hours of protection from incontinence for cost-effective prevention1,2
- Sterile delivery systems including peel-down packaging for 1mL Wand applicator
- Non-cytotoxic3 will not interfere with skin or wound healing
- Won’t clog or reduce absorbency of diapers or pads4
- Provides protection from adhesive trauma
- Compatible with chlorhexidine gluconate3
- Bliss DZ, Zehrer C, Savik K, Smith G, Hedblom E. An economic evaluation of four skin damage prevention regimens in nursing home residents with incontinence. J WOCN 2007; 34(2):143-52.
- Bale S, Tebble N, Jones VJ, Price PE. The benefits of introducing a new skin care protocol in patients cared for in nursing homes. (2004) J Tissue Viability 14(2): 44 – 50.
- 3M Data on File.
- Hart J. Assessment of the incontinence pad blocking potential of 3M™ Cavilon™ Durable Barrier Cream compared with Sudocrem™ and Zinc and Castor Oil. Nursing Scotland 2002, Issue: July/August.
Pack Size: PC-3343 (Box 25), PC-3345 (Box 25), PC-3346 (Box 12),